Graphic Photos: Pregnant Woman And Her 2-Year-Old Son Electrocuted In Ibadan
A pregnant woman & her 2-year-old son were reportedly electrocuted at the Alare Compound of Aremo in Ibadan North-East LGA on Sunday, June 11, 2017.
According to report, the sad incident happened when the woman was spreading some clothes she had washed on a line at her residence when she got electrocuted first then her scream was said to have drawn the attention of her son, who ran to his mum, hugged her and was electrocuted, too.
“A nearby hotel had connected a wire to a house to provide illumination for passers-by at night. Unknown to the deceased, who was four months pregnant, the insulator on the wire had worn off. As she was spreading her clothes on it, she was electrocuted. She screamed, attracting the innocent boy, who ran to his mum. He too got electrocuted on the spot.” An eye witnesses disclosed.
Oyo state’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said the bodies had been taken to the Adeoyo General Hospital morgue for autopsy and that investigation had begun.