Man Sets Himself Ablaze After Catching His Wife Sleeping With Is Errand Boy In Delta State | Online Naija

Man Sets Himself Ablaze After Catching His Wife Sleeping With Is Errand Boy In Delta State

By  | 
A man has reportedly burnt himself beyond recognition, after setting himself ablaze in his apartment at Owharen Street, in Udu Local Government Council in Delta State, after catching his wife sleeping with his messenger  on Friday, July 7.
It was gathered from the resident of the area that the victim had in the past weeks threatened to kill himself after his wife was reportedly caught pants down with one of his male messengers in the area.
On Friday when the man returned home, he locked himself, poured fuel on his body and thereafter light himself. He was burnt beyond recognition before help could come.
“Some few weeks ago, his wife, Blessing was caught pants down by their neighbours with a young boy who washes the Keke NAPEP of the man. The boy is one of the boys whom he usually sent on an errand in the area.
“Though the wife has since left his apartment, the man returned home that day, poured fuel on his body, barricaded himself inside his apartment with an iron bar and set himself ablaze”, the source disclosed.
Another resident of the area said their action was drawn to the incident when a thick smoke was seen emanating from the apartment, which was fast spreading to other neighbouring apartments whose residents were already asleep. The landlord, Mr. Nyonren Egharan disclosed that he was also injured while trying to save the victim. He said;
“When the fire broke out, I ran to where the fire started from, broke into the apartment and tried to rescue the victim who held on to a chair and insisted that he wanted to end his life.
“His action during the inferno that claimed his life fuels the suspicion that he may have set the house on fire by himself to reinforce the suicide argument. I sustained serious burnt from the raging fire while trying to rescue the victim.” He said.
Mr Egharan, who claimed that all his life savings were consumed in the fire, appealed to the Delta State Government and Udu Local Council to come to his rescue to enable him start life again. A Police source at the Ovwian-Aladja Police Station also confirmed the incident, disclosing that the body has been deposited at a morgue.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of