Nigerian International Passport: See Requirements And Procedures For Registration
International Passport alongside other documents like visa is required by any citizen trying to travel out of the country and Nigerian International Passport is a vital travel document issued to Nigerians by the Federal Government for the purpose of International travel.
It is said that many Nigerians do not know how to go about getting a passport and some even end up in the hands of fraudsters that eventually dupe them, without knowing that the Nigerian passport can easily be applied for online by making submission through Nigerian Immigration Services official website
If you are planning to apply for the Nigerian International passport soon, you must be aware that the Nigerian International Passport also known as the Nigerian e-passport is of two types and the personality/purpose of travel will dictate which will be given out.
These two includes the Nigerian standard e-passport and official e-passport. While the standard Passport is for the general public, the official Passport is for certain class of Government officials.
REQUIREMENT FOR OBTAINING A STANDARD NIGERIAN PASSPORT
- Birth certificate or Age declaration document.
- A Local Government letter of identification.
- Fully completed Guarantor’s form sworn to before either a commissioner of Oaths, Magistrate or High Court Judge.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Parent’s letter of consent (for applicants under 16 years)
- 2 Passport-sized photographs
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR THE NIGERIAN E-PASSPORT
- Go to the Nigeria Immigration service portal (NIS) (https://portal.immigration.gov.ng)
- Locate and click “Apply” under the “APPLY FOR PASSPORT ONLINE” section.
- Select the e-passport type and your processing country. The processing country is the country you wish to attend the application interview.
- Click the “Start Application” button.
- Fill the application form correctly and print out a copy.
- The next step is payment, this can be done either online or at any recommended bank but I will only focus on the online payment.
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment” and select Payment Currency (either Naira or Dollar) and follow the instructions.
- After the payment, a validation number will be given to you. Now proceed to the NIS portal to confirm your payment by clicking on the “”Query your Application Payment Status” and follow the instructions.
- You can then click the “Search Record” button where you will be sent to the “Applicant’s Details” page where the date and time for your interview has been generated.
- It is now time to print out your receipt or acknowledge slip. Keep it safe as it would be required at the place of the interview.
If you follow the above instructions correctly then congratulations, as you on your way of obtaining your Nigerian International Passport.